Leannaatc at Short Story Long nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you! I am legitimately excited to answer your questions!
The rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
Short Story Long’s Questions…
- Who is your favourite Youtuber?
Longtime favorite is Grace Helbig, but I’m currently pretty obsessed with JoshuaDTV and PsychoSoprano (aka the cutest married couple in the world) and her alter ego Miranda Sings.
- You have been captured! The protagonist(s) of the last book you read is coming to your rescue. What are your chances of survival?
Adelina from The Rose Society is going to help me out! With her power to create illusions and her growing comfort with….killing people….I think I will be rescued very easily. However, I will want to leave her company asap, because of the aforementioned comfort with killing people.
- What is your favourite pun?
Hmmm, I’m pretty ambivalent about puns. I laugh when they happen, but I don’t care enough to remember any.
- What was your favourite cartoon as a kid?
Movie? The Lion King, for sure. TV show? I had a secret obsession with Digimon.
- Favourite book-to-movie adaptation?
The Lord of the Rings, NO QUESTION. I love the books and the movies equally – they tell the same story, one with more emotion and beauty, the other with more detail and poetry. I am so grateful I do not have to live in a world of one without the other.
- When you were a kid, what did you tell people when they asked you what you would be when you grew up?
First a veterinarian, then, when I realized that didn’t mean petting animals all day, a writer.
- What’s your favourite bridge?
What an odd question. I’ve never had to think of this before, but I’m glad I’m using my brain in a new area. Hmm….generally, I’m really fond of those overly circular bridges that span little rivers in small villages. Let me see if I can find a picture.
This is not exactly what I mean, but the picture is so pretty that I changed my mind.
- Do you listen to podcasts? Which ones?
I do! Quite often, actually. My favorites are The Liturgist (progressive Christians discussing cultural topics) and Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig (inane conversations between YouTubers). I just started listening to the new Overinvested Podcast (geek girls discussing fandom), and I like it a lot too!
- What’s your favourite dish to cook?
I don’t cook! I’m lazy, impatient, and ignorant, which is the holy trifecta of snacking and/or mooching off of generous friends who DO know how to cook. The most I do in a kitchen is grab fruit, microwave popcorn, or scramble eggs.
- What was your least favourite class in high school?
Math. Algebra was okay, but numbers in general just hold zero interest for me. They are too predictable (at best) and too irrelevant (at worst). Words and stories were always my playground, not numbers and formulas.
- Favourite thing on your bookshelf?
My bookshelf is abysmal, since I couldn’t convince myself to bring more than ten books to Greece with only two suitcases of space available. So….of these options I’ll go with the Queen’s Thief series! Eugenides is one of my all-time favorite characters, and his romance (I won’t spoil with who) is easily the most squee-inducing of book relationships!
- What is one 2016 movie you are most looking forward to seeing?
- What helps you cope when life feels overwhelming?
- Are you pro- or anti-selfie? Why?
- What are your top three vacation destinations?
- When is it appropriate to say “I love you”?
- If you had to choose one color to cease to exist, which would you choose?
- What do you like most about yourself?
- How many glasses of water do you drink per day?
- What celebrity are you crushing on right now?
- Is it better to give or to receive?
- If you could only have one in your life, would you choose chocolate or coffee?
Thanks again, leannaatc! This was fun!