I’ve been feeling very homesick lately, so I’m going to list all the things I miss here in an attempt to get them out and move one step closer to moving on. I’m not going to include people because that is obvious and I will inevitably forget someone.
- Autumn in Illinois.
- Red, orange, yellow, brown, and green trees.
- Tanner’s Orchard.
- Apple and pumpkin flavored everything.
- Crisp air.
- Sweaters and boots and scarves.
- Singing while driving.
- Walking into a store or restaurant and knowing exactly what to do and say.
- Background conversations being in English.
- Knowing my sizes while shopping.
- Knowing which stores will have the things I need.
- Paying with a debit card.
- Having access to Hulu and Spotify.
- Going to the library.
- Having Wifi in my house.
- Going to movie theaters regularly.
Three things I don’t miss:
- The food.
- The knowledge that many people around me have guns.
- Being in the midst of our political catastrophe.
Here’s a holy hug for you!!! Hope it helps to ease the homesickness a little bit!!!!
Thank you. I’ll take it. 🙂