I was recently introduced to quite possibly the simplest, and most fun, personality test. It consists of only three questions, and the results were wildly accurate! If you want to play along, before you read about my answers and discoveries, answer these questions for yourself:
- What is your favorite color? Explain why with a couple sentences.
- What is your favorite animal? Explain why with a couple sentences.
- What is your favorite part of nature? Explain why with a couple sentences.
Don’t skimp on the explanations! That is the important part!
Okay, once you’ve got your answers….here’s what I said.
- Green, because it’s calming. It represents growth and healing and peacefulness. It’s natural and complementary with other colors.
- Cats, because they’re calming. They’re warm and cuddly and affectionate, but they’re also self-sufficient. I can leave them alone for long periods of time without worrying about how they’ll survive without me.
- Forests, because they’re calming. They feel like adventure and possibility. They are a little dangerous, but also beautiful.
[Side note: You are not supposed to have the same reason for all three answers, like I did with “it’s calming.” I can only assume this is a blaring signal alerting everyone to how much anxiety I must have in order to necessitate me needing so many calming things around me.]
Did you create your own answers? This is your last chance before I spoil everything and give away the secret!
- What you think of your favorite color is what you think of yourself.
- What you think of your favorite animal is what you think of your preferred romantic partner.
- What you think of your favorite part of nature is what you think of God.
I was BLOWN AWAY by how accurate this twist made my answers. Restated, here’s what I said.
- I am calming. I create growth and healing and peace. I like being natural and authentic and relating well with others.
- I want to be with someone who is calming, warm, cuddly, and affectionate, and I want someone who can take care of themselves and be self-sufficient.
- I think God is calming, but also full of adventure and possibility. He can feel a little dangerous, but he’s also incredibly beautiful.
Yes, yes, and yes! I don’t know if I could have described these things better if I intentionally tried.
What about you? What were your answers, and were they accurate? Leave a comment and let me know!