Pick 5 books of your own choosing and then use 1 book to answer 2 of the given questions!
Let’s do this! I can’t wait to see what the books have in store for me!
My 5 Books
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
The Return of the King by J.R.R. Tolkien
1. Open book 1 to a random page. Look at the first word on the page. If it’s less than 5 letters, you will go to college. If it’s more than 5 letters, you won’t go to college. (Six of Crows)
My whole life revolves around school and going back for more degrees. I don’t know if I want to continue this pattern in a fictional future or break out and try a lack of higher education….here goes. Okay, my word was “her,” so I guess I’m going to college!
2. Open book 1 to a random page. The first name you see. Think of that person’s job, that will be your job. Note: Is that person stil in school? You will be a teacher. You don’t know that persons job? You will be unemployed. (Six of Crows)
I got Jesper. Which fits, because he went to college…until he dropped out to become a, what exactly? Sharpshooter? Criminal? Gambler? I’ll go with sharpshooter.
3. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be the person you will marry! (Prisoner of Azkaban)
I’m feeling the same anticipation for this question as when the names in the “spouse” category of MASH get narrowed down. Okay, I’m going to marry…Harry Potter! Well, the odds were good on that one.
4. Open book 2 to a random page. The first name you see will be your best friend! (Prisoner of Azkaban)
Ginny Weasley! Huh, I guess…she’s okay with me marrying her school sweetheart (or ex-husband, if we count the epilogue)? Stranger things have happened!
5. Open book 3 to a random page. Look at the second word on the page. Count how many letters that word has, remove 2 letters. That’s how many children you will have! (Disreputable History)
My only worry is that the more children we have, the weirder the names Harry will give them. Let’s see…”from“. So after removing two letters, that’s just two kids! Sounds fine.
6. How many children did you have? Open the book as many times to see who your children will be. If you have no children, open the book once. The first name you will see, will be something of your choice. A couple of examples: neighbor, father in law etc. (Disreputable History)
Two kids, let’s go!
Frankie: Again, good odds, but I’ll take her! She’s feisty, and honestly, I would expect nothing less of a child of the Boy Who Lived and a sharpshooter.
Matthew: Ugh, well. I guess every family needs a Normal One.
7. Book 4: Where does this book take place? This will be the place you will live! (Aristotle and Dante)
Harry and I will raise our kids in El Paso, TX. Okay, sure. I’ve done Texas, I could do it again.
8. Open book 4 to a random place, the first name you see, does this person have a car, bike etc.? That will be your transportation in life. Note: teleporting, broom etc. is allowed. If your character had no means of transportation that you know of, you will be using public transportation. (Aristotle and Dante)
Aristotle has a truck, I think. We’ll fit right in with the other people in El Paso.
9. Does this book have any animals in it? Pick your favorite animal, that will be your pet. No animals in the book? You will have no pet. (Aristotle and Dante)
Well, the turning point of the book (the accident) happens while Dante is holding a bird with a broken wing. (Hedwig!?) No, I won’t go that far, but it makes sense that my magical husband would want a bird around to send messages to his wizarding friends.
10. Open book 5 to a random page. The first name you see will be your enemy! (Return of the King)
Oh no. The odds are good that someone amazing and heroic is going to be my enemy….I’m nervous. It’s Theoden! Hm…I think I could take him, what with my sharpshooting skills and all.
THE SYNOPSIS OF MY BOOKISH LIFE TO COME:
While studying in college, I fall in with a bad crowd. Our criminal activity quickly escalates, and I develop a talent for sharpshooting. During a robbery, I see someone with a twig in their hand shouting things and making…impossible things happen. I shoot, and am quickly surrounded by people who appear out of nowhere claiming to be “aurors.” Their leader, Harry Potter, takes me in for questioning. It turns out the bank was simultaneously being robbed by our group and a revived Death Eater gang, and I just took out their leader. Although Harry is slightly horrified by my career choice, he soon sees the advantages of our combined magical/mundane skills. He talks me into using my talents for good, and we move to El Paso to fight against the drug ring (a deadly new drug made of athelas, cocaine, and mandrake roots) run by Theoden and his gang of Texan horsemen.
Despite our dangerous life, Harry and I wind up having two children: Frankie and Matthew. Frankie inherits Harry’s magic, but poor Matthew is a squib. To help out as a crime fighter and part-time nanny, Ginny Weasley moves to El Paso. We hit it off, and we’re fond of teasing Harry about his wooing tactics. He uses our pet bird to write sullen messages to Ron begging him to take Ginny back to Britain so that he won’t be outnumbered. But the three of us team up in a final showdown with Theoden, where I take him out with a rifle as Harry drives our truck to meet the horse gang and Ginny magics all the horses to follow us home after we incapacitate their riders. We live on a ranch, happily ever after.
I didn’t expect my life to be quite so violent, but at least it will never be dull! Thanks, Kat, for tagging me in this! It was fun.