My 30-day, 3,800-mile roadtrip is still two months away, but half the fun of a thing is anticipating it. I’ve been color-coding calendars, putting together lists, and compiling suggestions on how to do this right (aka fun and cheap).
Ways to Save Money
- Use the GasBuddy app to find the cheapest gas stations while on the road (suggestion courtesy of The Traveling Praters).
- Stock your car with lots of food and snacks with discounted rates at Sam’s Club.
- Because you have all that cheap food, try to avoid fast food restaurants as often as possible.
- Avoid motels. Stay with friends (or friends of friends) as often as possible.
- Bring your own water bottle and fill up at gas station soda fountains.