StumbleUpon is a great way to lose hours of your life. Luckily, I braved the Internet vortex so you don’t have to. This week I found these especially interesting websites:
- Fully-Customizable Tiny Homes Start at an Affordable $22,000
Cut to: Tricia, hyperventilating. I WANT A TINY HOME SO BAD. These are adorable.
- To the New Culture Cops, Everything is Appropriation
As a tumblr user, I see the term “cultural appropriation” a lot. I really liked this article’s balanced view of the subject.
“At one time, such critiques were leveled against truly offensive art — work that trafficked in demeaning caricatures, such as blackface, 19th-century minstrel shows orethnological expositions, which literally put indigenous people on display, often in cages. But these accusations have become a common attack against any artist or artwork that incorporates ideas from another culture, no matter how thoughtfully or positively.”
- 14 Cool Psychology Tricks You Need to Try
This is basically just manipulation tactics, but…..I still find them extremely interesting. My favorite (that I hadn’t heard before) was the suggestion that you can end a repetitive mental song by intentionally remembering the end of the song, since closing the loop allows our brain to stop latching onto unfinished things.
- 14 Brilliant Re-Imagined Names For Everyday Objects We All Need
Hahaha! I like the “people shelf” and “t-rex deer.”
- 14 Stories that Prove Animals Have Souls
I’m not crying, YOU’RE crying.
- You May Not Need These 19 Things, But You’ll Definitely Want Them Pretty Badly
There has never been a more accurately named post. Give me that divided frying pan immediately!!
- A Fast Food Purse
Um, this is GENIUS.
- Here are 20 Animals That You RARELY Get to See as Babies
The bison! And reindeer! And that little chameleon all curled up into itself!!
- Witnessing Beautiful Autumn’s Transformations
Excellent documentation proving that autumn is the most beautiful season.
- 10 Fun Movie Facts
“Because Bruce Lee was so fast, they actually had to run his films slower so you can see his moves.”