- Invite two of your closest friends over. A week in advance, obviously.
- The day of, text everyone to make sure they are coming.
- Feel both happy and disappointed when they say yes.
- Greet them at the door with awkward small talk.
- Watch that indie movie on Netflix.
- Talk about how the movie reminded you of the inevitability of death and how earlier that week you thought your mole was cancerous until it turned out to be a bit of chocolate.
- Start obnoxiously yawning around 9:45.
- Say, “Well, I’ve got an early day tomorrow, so…” at 10:00.
- Respond “So?” when someone points out that tomorrow is Saturday.
- Wave from the doorway as they leave.
- Sprint to your room to change into comfy pajamas.
- Make hot chocolate and pop a bowl of popcorn.
- Turn on the side lamps in your room and turn off the overhead light.
- Pat the bed until your cat curls up beside you.
- Get out that 500-page book you were dying to read the whole time your friends were over.
- Sip your hot chocolate, eat your popcorn, pet your cat, and get lost in someone else’s life.
(Image from Grammarly)