StumbleUpon is a great way to lose hours of your life. Luckily, I braved the Internet vortex so you don’t have to. This week I found these especially interesting websites:
- 10 Incredible Thrill-Seeking Adventures To Do Around the World
I will never do any of these because I am a big coward. Maybe the wing walking. But only on a dare.
- 29 Mind-Blowing Coincidences You Won’t Believe Happened
I’m naming my son Hugh Williams.
- Dog and Lamb
A boxer frolicked with a lamb, and there are pictures!
- What It’s Like to Fly the $23,000 Singapore Airlines Suite Class
Oh my GOSH this is the most amazing thing I’ve ever read. Someday when I’m flush with cash I will spoil myself silly on the world’s most expensive flight. The guy who wrote this has a great sense of humor, too. I especially loved his horror at sleeping for six hours, or “$6,000 worth of the flight.”
- 14 Brilliant Pieces of Literature You Can Read in the Time it Takes to Eat Lunch
I love this list of bite-sized literature. It is especially useful for its links to places you can read the story for free.
- ‘Real Monsters’ Art – Mental Illnesses as Monsters
Wow. These creatures are really beautiful, in a horrible way. The artist, Toby Allen, does a wonderful job making mental illnesses understandable.
- 26 Gifs So Cute You Might Die a Sudden, Tragic Death
Death by adorable is a good way to go. (Hint: click on #5 to see a whole video of this tiny orange kitten climbing up to sit on a cameraman’s head. And #11 IS SO CUTE. Just, all of them. Look at all of them.)
- 12 Interspecies Hugs That Show That Love is Universal
More cuteness! I’m especially awed by the lion and the fawn, but there’s also the cat and the owl! And that last picture of a koala sleeping on a dog’s back is super adorable.
- 10 Mnemonic Tricks for Never Forgetting Anything Again
- What Real Beauty Looks Like Around the World
These photos of diverse women in their 20s are a stunning reminder to embrace your culture and background.